Sun, Feb 19|
Sandyford Business Park
We are hiring! Programme Assistant Coordinator
Closing date for applications is 11th February 2023
Time & Location
Feb 19, 2023, 5:30 AM
Sandyford Business Park, Unit 44, Saint Kieran's Enterprise Centre, Unit 45, Furze Rd, Sandyford Business Park, Sandyford, Dublin 18, Ireland
About the event
Southside Travellers Action Group is currently recruiting for the position of Local Training Initiative, (LTI),Programme Assistant Coordinator.
Southside Travellers is a community Development Organisation based in Sandyford, Dublin 18.
Southside Travellers envisions an Ireland where the human and civil rights, dignity, hopes and distinct cultural identity of Travellers is acknowledged and respected. The organisation seeks to play its part to realise this vision through the design, development and delivery of a series of integrated programmes which proactively respond to the needs of Travellers in Dun Laoghaire Rathdown. The overall vision and direction of the organisation is overseen by a voluntary Board of Directors. All our work is guided by the core principles of: Traveller leadership and participation, advocacy and equality, partnership and accountability.
Our TASK programme is committed to the personal and social development and the educations needs of Traveller young people resident in Dun Laoghaire – Rathdown.
The TASK Programme
Our TASK (Training, Awareness, Skills and Knowledge) programme – funded by Dublin and Dun Laoghaire Education and Training Board (DDLETB) – is a Local Training Initiative (LTI) which provides a full-time training and education programme to learners aged 16 – 35. Based at our resource centre in Sandyford, the Programme combines QQI Level 4 accredited training / education modules with intensive personal development, life coaching and one to one supports – our overall aim being to ensure that our participants are equipped with both the hard and soft skills required to actively participate in the labour market, the ultimate aim being that each participant should attain a QQI Level 4 Major Award in Employment Skills by the end of their time with us.
The role requires significant skill and expertise in teaching and training young Travellers in a classroom setting each day. The ideal candidate will have clearly demonstrable interpersonal, networking and communication skills. She/he will also have a demonstrable commitment to equality and social change.
Interested applicants should note that our contract with funders requires that both staff provide 85% of the accredited training in the Programme and will be expected to deliver training in QQI Level 4 modules.
Candidates must have the relevant qualifications required to train and deliver the QQI modules to the learners. Therefore, we are looking for a skilled, motivated and qualified individual to support and work in partnership with our TASK (LTI) Coordinator.
· Must hold a recognised training qualification.
· A proven track record in designing, developing, delivering and submitting QQI accredited training in the areas outlined in 4, above;
· Knowledge and awareness of working with Travellers and a keen awareness of the nature and extent of exclusion experienced by the Traveller community;
· Experience or knowledge of working with the particular target group towards whom TASK is aimed.
· Excellent and proven report writing, programme design, development and implementation, group work and facilitation skills;
· Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
· Creative facilitation experience
· Conflict resolution awareness
· Engage Traveller young people living in the Dun Laoghaire/Rathdown
· Plan, co-ordinate, facilitate & evaluate programmes & interventions in response to young people’s needs
· Identify and seek additional funding opportunities to meet the needs of the TASK programme
· Engage and encourage young people’s participation in the programme
· Liaise and network with other projects & agencies to meet young people’s needs
· Outreach to engage with young people
· Advocate on behalf of young people on relevant platforms
· Adhere to all Child Protection, Health & Safety Policies & any other policies as set out by Southside Travellers Action Group and all national safeguarding polices.
· Participate in relevant training as identified
· Carry out any reasonable duties as requested by Organisation Director
The successful candidates will be directed by the Coordinator to;
· Report to Coordinator
· Work with Coordinator to recruit trainees for the Programme;
· Work with the Coordinator to develop a programme which continues to meet the specific needs of young Travellers/ settled learners.
· Provide QQI Level 4 accredited training to learners (our contract requires staff to design, develop, deliver and submit no less than 85% of all accredited training);
· Provide ongoing and intensive support to learners;
· Work with Coordinator to produce all monitoring of the programme including reports/documentation required by the Accrediting Bodies, Board, Director and Funders and to ensure the ongoing sustainability of the Programme
In addition, the successful candidate should display and have:
· Flexibility and adapt to what is often a changing set of “goal posts” in response to the particular needs of particular young people.
· Patience and understanding
· Strong communication skills
· Good motivational skills
· Strong facilitation skills
· Exceptional organisational skills
· Full driving licence
· Own transport
The post is a pivotal role, in supporting the delivery of the objectives of Southside Traveller’s Strategic Plan.
Applicants should send/email a CV and cover letter to email@example.com stating how they meet the requirements for the position, or post to: Buraur Hamdani, Unit 5, Furze Road, St. Kieran’s Enterprise Centre, Sandyford Industrial Estate, Dublin 18.
Closing date for applications is 11th February 2023, a shortlisting and interview process will apply and successful candidates will be invited to interviews in the last week of February 2023.
(This position is subject to satisfactory Garda vetting and satisfactory references)
Southside Travellers Action Group is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from candidates regardless of race, gender, ethnicity, family status, marital status, sexual orientation, age, disability or religious belief.